Once you've signed up to BOOKiWROTE as an author you might be wondering, what do I need to do next?
Well, the very first thing you need to do is create an author page. As always, if you need more help just fill in the contact form or iniate a chat. I promise I will come back to you ASAP.
Okay, so you've signed up.
You have 2 options here to find the controls to be able to add an author page.
1. From the home page you can click the '+Create an Author Page' button.
2. From the settings / admimistration page in the box entitled 'Create an Author Page', click the 'Let's Do It!' button.
either option will bring you to the same place. The Create a new Author Page form, as shown below:-
All field's are compulsory with exception of the 'My Photo' option. If you'd rather not have an image a default avatar will be shown instead.
1. First, enter your Pen Name. This is the name that will be displayed on your author page, so if you don't want your real name shown then you can replace it with anything you like here.
2. Choose a suitable photo. Best results are obtained using a portrait photograph or image. This again can be anything to represent you. Most people choose a self portrait. It is recommended to use an image no greater in size than 500px wide, to keep the file size down and your page loading faster.
3. Add your bio. You can add up to 5000 characters. It is recommended to copy and paste your bio from elsewhere, if you already have an author bio written. Please note! Do not add links here. They will not work and you'll be able to add links later using other BOOKiWROTE tools, which include links to purchase your books and your website and Facebook links etc.
4. Add search keywords separated by a comma. These will help people to find your page and in the future will form part of a BOOKiWROTE internal search feature. With that in mind make sure you include your name and book titles as complete phrases E.G. Rowan Grey, Calamity and Retribution, Rowan, Grey etc etc. You have 1000 characters. So add lots!
5. Choose any genres that apply by ticking the boxes. These will not only be presented on your author page, but will also form options for you when you come to add your books later. You will only be able to choose genres from your chosen list.
6. Click Save.
If you missed anything, don't worry. Just click on the settings / administration menu option (the cogs). Please note, you must be signed in to be able to see the button.Then click on the yellow button in the 'View My Author Page' box - 'Edit My Page'. Make any changes required and click save. Job done!
I hope this helps!
Now you are ready for step 2 - Adding your books!
Best Wishes and Happy Writing!!